There are 4 types of dehumidifier but only 2 that are useful for the majority of applications – Compressor and Desiccant dehumidifiers.
Small Thermo electric dehumidifiers are of very limited benefit and usually can only cope with extremely small spaces such as a cupboard.
Equally moisture absorbers only remove very small amounts of water.
Compressor and Desiccant dehumidifiers cover 95% of the applications that would be found in a domestic situation. Ebac manufacture both compressor and desiccant dehumidifiers but only recommend desiccant for industrial applications due to their extremely high running costs.
- High extraction rating from 12 to 25 litres
- Solve the vast majority of domestic damp and condensation problems
- Lower running costs than desiccant dehumidifiers
- Use a compressor and a heat exchanger to remove moisture from the air
- These dehumidifiers are most suited to domestic applications such as houses
- All Ebac domestic dehumidifiers are compressor dehumidifiers
- Suited to industrial applications
- Extract a large amount of water but have very high running costs
- At typical UK conditions in occupied UK homes they consume twice as much electricity per litre of water removed
- Suitable for unheated buildings where the temperature drops below 5ºC
- Mostly used in industrial and construction projects where very large amounts of water need removing and running costs are not important