Desiccant Dehumidifier or Compressor Dehumidifier?
Desiccant Dehumidifiers or Compressor Dehumidifier
There are 2 main kinds of dehumidifier – Compressor Dehumidifiers and Desiccant Dehumidifiers.
Each of these two kinds of dehumidifiers has unique attributes that make them suitable for different applications depending on the prevailing conditions.
Here at Ebac, we manufacture both and are best placed to give impartial advice.
Compressor Dehumidifiers remove water through becoming the coldest object in a home when Desiccant Dehumidifiers remove water through natural absorption.
Although Desiccant Dehumidifiers take out water quicker, Compressor Dehumidifiers take out more than enough and are much more economical.
Ebac’s Compressor Dehumidifiers with Patented Smart Control are between £50 to £150 cheaper to run per annum than a Desiccant Dehumidifier.
- Suited to industrial applications
- Extract a large amount of water but have high running costs
- In typical UK conditions, in occupied UK homes, they consume twice as much electricity per litre of water removed
- Suitable for unheated buildings where the temperature drops below 5ºC
- Often used in industrial and construction projects where large amounts of water need removing and running costs are not important
- High extraction rating from 12 to 25 litres
- Solve the vast majority of domestic condensation, damp and mould problems
- Lower running costs than Desiccant Dehumidifiers
- Use a compressor and a heat exchanger to remove moisture from the air
- Compressor Dehumidifiers are most suited to domestic applications such as houses and offices
- All Ebac domestic Dehumidifiers are compressor dehumidifiers